It's Pomegranate season!Or what could just be called my favorite season.
Since it is obviously no secret that we here at Sodeë Naturals LOVE nature, the same goes for everything nature provides us to eat. Like delicious and nutritious pomegranates.
Pomegranate fun facts:
- Pomegranates start out round and become more square shaped when ripe and ready to eat.
- Pomegranates are filled with little edible "juice pockets" called arils
- The arils have edible and fiber rich seeds in the middle.
- Pomegranate juice is delicious but stains (so beware)
- Pomegranate arils can be added to any recipe like salads, brownies, soups, or eaten plain.
- Pomegranates are high in vitamin C and fiber
- There have been studies that have shown pomegranates help to ward off the common cold.
So let's cut one open, get our vitamin C on, and keep those common colds at bay
Need help cutting one open? Here is a great tutorial!